Bacon Pull A Part Bread

Okay this one here is a fantastic appetizer!  I found this one on the Grillin' Fools website.  http://grillinfools.com/blog/2013/09/17/grilled-bacon-cheddar-bread/

Ingredients:
1 large round loaf of bread (I've used Italian bread before but this time I have a sourdough loaf)
1/2 lb bacon cooked and shredded (6-7 slices)
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup melted butter
1 Tbsp dry ranch mix.

Step 1: Cut the bread at 1" intervals  lengthwise but do not cut all the way through. The. Rotate the loaf  90 degrees and cut the bread at 1" intervals again.

***Take your time here as the cross cuts can be especially difficult.

Step 2:  Place the cheddar between all of the cuts and make sure to really work the cheese in between the slices. Once the cheese is in place to the same thing with the bacon.


Step 3:  Place the bread loaf on a sheet of heavy duty foil that is large enough to wrap the the bread loaf in.

Step 4: Combine the dry ranch and melted butter.  Once it has been combined pour the mixture over the  cheese, bacon, and bread.  When you are finished tightly wrap the the foil around the bread loaf.

Step 5: Time for the grill. You will want to set your grill up with a two zone fire. Place the bread on the indirect side of the grill (side with no coals).  Since you only need to heat the bread and melt the cheese this should only take 10-12 minutes, then uncover and let it cook for another 10 minutes to get a smoky flavor.

***Tip: I will add a chunk of apple wood to give it a sweet smoky flavor after I remove the bread from the foil.



I have now made this recipe five times and this is the first time I did everything absolutely right.  So now it may be time to use my imagination and put some twists on this one, the addition of jalapeños comes to mind first.

This is another recipe that all of you readers should try because it's pretty straightforward and isn't time consuming.

***Do cook the bread over direct heat as you will burn it and ruin the recipe (I've made that mistake the first time I attempted this).

Thanks for reading, I really do appreciate all the feedback and comments!



Comments