Bacon and Bleu Sliders

Burgers on the grill are about as traditional as it gets in terms of grilling and I absolutely love burgers on the grill.  This recipes puts a twist on homemade burgers while adding bacon and Bleu cheese.  While some people may shy away from the Bleu cheese I urge you to give it a try, I can remember the first time I tried a bacon Bleu burger at a restaurant I was a little hesitant myself (Kendra balked the first time I wanted to make these at home).

I have made this recipe about a half dozen times in the last year and it has become a favorite in our house!  It's great recipe because it can serve as a main course or appetizers for a party.

Ingredients:
1lb Hamburger
1/2lb Bacon cooked crispy and crumbled
2 oz Bleu Cheese
1/2 package Hawaiin Bread Rolls.
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp garlic

Wax Paper

Step 1:  In a mixing bowl combine the hamburger, pepper, and garlic.

Step 2:  Lay a sheet of wax paper on the counter. Place hamburger on top of wax paper. Then place another sheet of wax paper on top of the hamburger. Now using a rolling pin roll the hamburger into a shape approximately size of 12 rolls.



***Tip: be careful to not roll too thin as it can cause the meat to crumble on the grill.

Step 3: Sprinkle bacon and Bleu cheese onto one half of the hamburger.


Step 4: Place the second half of hamburger on top and seal the edges.

Step 5:  Let's cook! To make this easier you need a big spatula or pizza peel to turn the meat over.  I will cook each side on direct heat for about 6 minutes.  ***Only flip once.



Step 6:  Remove from the grill and place on top of the buns.  Use a knife to cut the individual sliders and these are ready to serve.



I actually cooked these for the Super Bowl and at the request of the guests one set of these sliders had pepper jack instead of Bleu so if you really don't want the Bleu you can substitute.

I'm also a fan of nuclear style burgers so in the near future I plan to create some pepper jack, jalapeño, onion straw, and chipotle mayo sliders! If any you get creative let me know what you come up with!

If you follow these steps here this recipe really isn't too difficult.

Seriously if you've been reading along and considering trying one of my recipes this one isn't a bad one to start with!

Light that grill and add some fire to your weeekend!!!

Comments