Porky Pine



After discovering the phenomenon known as "Swineapple" that was originally shared by a man named Dave Rees on social media I knew I had to attempt it.  For me it was a given because Kendra and I have been making homemade pineapple and pork kabobs for a couple years so I knew we loved the pairing.  This method though takes it to the next level by adding bacon and smoke!

** Even though others are calling this "Swineapple" I am choosing "Porky Pine" because it's the name I bestowed on my kebabs and I like the sound of it better.

Ingredients:
Whole Pineapple
Country Style Bonless Ribs
Bacon
Olive Oil
Famous Dave's Rib Rub



1. Core the Pineapple. (The Pampered Chef pineapple corer is fantastic and is similar to a apple
corer/slicer.)

2. Coat the Ribs first with olive oil then dry rub.

3. Lattice the bacon.



4. Place the ribs in the center of the pineapple and them wrap the ribs and pineapple in the bacon.

5. Place the Porky Pine in the smoker until the internal temperature of the center ribs reaches 170 degrees. (This should take 4-5 hours at 270 degree cooking temperature.)



** For the smoke I used apple wood and it was an excellent choice.

Simply this recipe was THE BOMB DOT COM.  This will be in the rotation for sure and it may completely replace the kebabs we have been making.  If you've read this far I recommend trying this recipe! It's pretty simple and makes for a delightful meal!

Comments