Smokey Bey's Pork Loin



This cut of meat is a rarity in my house, but I do love pork chops so naturally the pork loin is one of my favorites.  Last weekend the opportunity to acquire a pork loin presented itself and I didn't hesitate.  So I thought I'd walk you through this recipe, and it's a fairly simple one. 

Meat:
1 pork loin

Brine:
1 cup apple juice
1/8 cup table salt
2 tbsp garlic, minced
1/4 tsp black prepper
1/4 tsp white pepper

Rub:

Smokey Bey's BBQ Rub

Wood:
1 medium size wood chunk (your preferred type of wood - for me it's pecan).

You'll also need an aluminum half pan for the first part of the cook.

Place the pork loin in a plastic bag and add the brine ingredients. Brine over night or a minimum of eight hours.

Setup your grill for two zone grilling at 300-350 degrees.  Once the grill is up to temp add the wood chuck and wait five minutes to place the meat on the grill.

While your grill is heating up apply the Smokey's BBQ Rub (I can supply on request).
I'm 
Place the pork loin in the aluminum pan.  Now you're ready to put the meat on the grill. Place the pan on the indirect heat side of the grill.

The cooking process will take approximately one hour.  At 30 minutes baste the loin with juices collected in the aluminum pan.

When the internal temperature of the loin reaches 135 degrees remove it from the pan and place on the direct heat side of the grill.  It's now time to sear / caramelize the exterior.  
Pork loin is considered done at 135-145 degrees F so be careful while searing to not over cook the meat.

I sure hope yo enjoy this recipe as much as I do!  

Seriously I have so much fine making a recipe and sharing it.  Let me know what you think.  BBQ and friends are a passion so give me a shout.

Comments