My Valentine

In lieu of card my wife gets her love note right here on my blog. C'mon, I've got prove to the guys at the office that she didn't receive smoked meat for Valentine's Day.

Kendra Jannell,

I love you with all of my (I know that I tell you that everyday).  But I do like to show you my love because not everyone is lucky enough to have it as good as I do, although I wish everyone did.  You are a fantastic wife and mother as you constantly worry about all of us, but just so you know mama you are doing an excellent job! Myself, Mason, and Emmy are doing great so you don't have worry about us so much.

As I was walking to the kitchen recently I stopped to look at the music sheet for Tonight that you gave me last Christmas and it dawned on me how perfect that song was for our first dance.  By the end of everyday when the kids are put to bed and we get time with each other the phrase "I've been waiting for tonight" is what I feel daily.  

I know some think Valentine's can be cheesy but I'll never miss a chance to tell you I love you honey bear! Plus it ain't easy being cheesy!!!

Love,
Matthew

Kendra is getting homemade chocolate covered pineapple for Valentine's Day because it is her favorite.  We can't make a trip to Edwardsville and not stop at Chocolate Chocolate to get her some chocolate covered Pineapple

Chocolate Covered Pineapple

This here is really simple.

1/2 Pineapple cut into chunks
8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp vegetable shortening
1/2 tsp orange extract

***Tip: If you don't own a pineapple slicer you should buy one! Kendra got ours from Pampered Chef,it's fantastic, and as a result we have fresh pineapple at least once a month.

Melt the chocolate and shortening. Once it's melted then stir in the orange extra. Then simple dip the pineapple and place on wax paper to cool and dry.












Comments